Tuesday, December 07, 2004

I was so close to having a wonderful new project to start.

There are lots of things in the new issue of Knitty that I'm drooling over. Especially Tempting. It's got ribs, it's knit in the round, I understand how to join the pieces together, and it's absolutely darling.

I found some inexpensive yarn online in a color I love, not that I should really order any new stuff after that splurge a few days ago. Then I realized that there might be enough of that black kid mohair mom found, the other day. There is -- almost to the yard -- and I can get the right gauge. It's soft and luscious, but a little stiff...Maybe it'll soften up after washing. There isn't enough black to wash a swatch, but I could try one of the other colors and see what it does. At this point, I'm ignoring that little inner voice that warms me I may be trying to make the impossible work. If there isn't quite enough black, I can add a narrow band of teal to the top. Or I can check my measurements and probably subtract a little from the length, since I'm short...

That was when I looked at the picture and the bare shoulders finally registered. I'd have to buy a strapless bra because I hate the one I have. I'm pretty sure they don't make strapless nursing bras. If this do, I don't want one.

This project is going to have to wait at least a year. Darn!

Michelle

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails