Thursday, May 05, 2005

I could've bought 20 skeins of KnitPicks Shine with the money we spent replacing that broken car window! And that's only because my wonderfully resourceful husband was able to get a window from the U-Pull place instead of taking the car to a glass shop. I'm glad we didn't wind up spending that much, but still bitter that we had to buy glass at all. Especially since it looks like we'll be getting rid of the car a lot sooner than we'd hoped.

My birthday book and yarn got here a few days ago, and I'm already trying to figure out how soon I'll be able to order more. I'm so in love with the yarn I can barely stand it. The Sock Landscape (Cape Cod) has such rich, wonderful colors and is so soft.



I was trying to figure out how to wind a skein into a ball in the front seat of the car until the baby woke up and put an end to that plan. Still think it'd work if I looped it over the visor. The Simple Stripes is about what I expected. And the Shine Twist is fabulous. I got one skein to play with and I love the way it's working up. Instead of a solid color for my top, I think I want more "Seaside."



Quinn may not ever wear the hat, but at least I have the feeling I'm knitting something useful instead of just swatching for no useful purpose at all.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails