Sunday, February 05, 2006

My knitting has not being going well. Quinn got his hands on the Pretty Comfy Socks again, and...all four needles came out and...well...they're not a WIP anymore. I love the way Esprit knits up, but picking up stitches is beyond me.



I don't want to admit how many times I've cast on for the lace wristers. After a lot of counting and fussing, the first one is done except for the seam. I like the way it came out, but I'm not really looking forward to knitting its mate. I'm not sure if the best part of this little project was finally finding a good use for one of the first skeins of "yarn store yarn" I ever splurged on or figuring out how to do a knitted edging.

Frozen Lake started out well. My yarn and needles were playing nicely. I wasn't making stupid mistakes. Then I got to the part about adding full repeats and half repeats and my poor head started spinning. I don't understand what I'm supposed to do, but I want this shawl. Guess I'll have to put in a lifeline and see what I can figure out...

1 comment:

Dawn said...

The lace wristlets are gorgous! Did my discription of the instructions for the shawl help? I'm such a visual person it's hard to discribe things...lol

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails