Wednesday, April 05, 2006

Sometimes a long nap or a good movie can work wonders. Yesterday while the littlest was napping and the big three were watching King Kong for the second time (gotta go out and buy us that one, because even though I think the villagers are the creepiest thing I've seen in a long time, the kids think it's the best thing since Jurassic Park), I plugged in the sewing machine and iron and pulled out my churn dash squares. I was hoping to get one or two of them assembled before Leif woke up.

Do you see this?!



This is all nine completed blocks AND some of the setting squares --- and the baby was still sleeping when I quit for the day because the rest of the family was ready to watch The Chronicles of Narnia. I'm hoping for another long nap this afternoon so I can get the rest of it together. Then I'll have to come up with something for the borders, which may involve a trip to Joann's.

I'm not participating in Use What You Have Month, even though it's a fantastic idea. I've got some money to spend and there are good sales going on at the same time and I just spent almost a year trying to use what I had and feeling guilty every time I did buy yarn or fabric. So this month I'm happily adding to what I have while I can. Any other month, I would've loved this.



I did cast on for the pineapple hat and manage four rounds before stopping for the night. I don't like purling three together once, let alone every fourth stitch! I've avoided stitch patterns in the past because I was intimidated by the instruction to "k1 p1 k1 into the same stitch," but that turned out to be the easy part. It's the purling that's hard. I'm going to keep plodding away and see if it gets any easier.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails