Thursday, April 12, 2007

Elann has a new shawl. I want it, despite the fact that I've got yarn for about a dozen other pretty shawls I'm not currently knitting and despite the fact that it would be way too huge for me and I'd have to figure out the math to size it down and would wind up with extra yarn I didn't know what to do with.

But aren't those colors pretty? Wouldn't it be great to snuggle up in on the couch or long car trips? Please, someone enable me and tell me it's a great idea!

I got myself through the past month by promising to treat myself with some new yarn as a reward for going in and getting the nasty dental work done instead of cancelling the appointment and seeing how long I could pretend I didn't notice that hole in my tooth where my filling had fallen out. I spent two and a half hours in the chair. My mouth still aches three days later -- and since it didn't hurt before I went in I am not a happy camper. I absolutely deserve some yarn right now, and if I still love it this much tomorrow, I think I'll go ahead and order it.

I made it through the first three months of knitting from my stash without cheating, then I bought a cheap quilting kit and a skein of yarn and now I'm rethinking the whole thing because I know I'm never going to make it through another six months.

My original reason for knitting from my stash turned out not to be true, so I'm going back to the diet-yarn-diet. After our trip up to Fabric Depot and Knitten Kitten tomorrow!

1 comment:

Rachel said...

I'm not much of a shawl person, myself, but I think that Sonata shawl is really gorgeous. I love how the colors undulate in rows. Too cool!

And, if buying yarn makes you feel guilty, just consider it as "Fiber Therapy". Much cheaper than a shrink!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails