Sunday, December 02, 2007

the sky is falling...

Saturday was supposed to be a nightmare of ice and snow. Ladies at the quilting group were talking about it on Thursday. My parents called to warn me about it on Friday. I'm sure if I'd watched the news, they would've warned me too.

Nothing happened.

Now, we're supposed to be having the storm of the century. So we've battened down the hatches, stocked up on water because when the power goes so does the well, found the candles and oil lamps...and so far so good. The power went down for a few hours this afternoon while we were at church having the kids' ornament exchange. So they decorated ice cream cones with green icing in the dark while I called around and tried to convince someone with electricity to keep my poor freezing chicks until it came back on.

It's back now and I hope it'll stay that way. I've got plans for tonight that do not involve sitting in the dark and jumping at noises, or chasing screaming toddlers around by candlelight. I have mittens to cast on and 2 1/2" strips of quilting cotton to cut, and a bag to sew, and slippers to quilt...

1 comment:

Rachel said...

Ha ha, we're having a similar winter here!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails