Sunday, January 18, 2009

Another trip out to the sewing room, another armload of blue scraps for Birds in the Air. I'm having so much fun picking fabric for this one! If things work out the way I want them to, I won't do more than three or four blocks in any one print. Which means I need at least 25 different blues.

I'm fairly sure I can scrounge that many from the scrap bags, hopefully without dipping into the obnoxious novelty stuff. Bob the Builder isn't going into this quilt.

Last night, I cut and pieced another seven blocks, which brings the total up to fourteen. Out of ninety-nine, if I make the quilt the size the pattern calls for. I think that's a bit bigger than I want, but I can't decide how much smaller I do want to make it. So I'll keep making blocks and save the big decisions for later.

I also frogged Presto Chango and used the yarn to cast on for a pair of Caliente Socks. I love the design, but the pattern is confusing me. And the confusing part doesn't start until after the foot and heel are done. Guess if it doesn't work out, I can just add a few rows of ribbing and make anklets.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails