Thursday, August 27, 2009

In theory, I know that you're supposed to save those bonus half square triangles, that you can make more quilts with them. In reality, I shove mine into a plastic baggie and usually lose them. Sometimes I just toss them out.

I didn't know that you could do this sort of thing with those bonus half square triangles until stopped into visit the quilting group at church this afternoon.



This what they've done with the leftover bits from the Exquisite quilt we were working on when I last made it to quilting group almost a year ago. I'd heard that Dorothy was doing fantastic things with those bonus triangles we spent so much extra time on, but no one ever mentioned it was a sampler quilt. Or that it was the niftiest sampler quilt ever.

What did I do with those bonus triangles from my Weed Whacker?

1 comment:

Cathy said...

I just made a baby quilt from the HST left over from a couple's wedding quilt. No too shabby to figure out that I saved that much fabric from going to waste. Next I will have to dabble in the selvedge edge projects and string quilts.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails