Tuesday, January 26, 2010

I'm all out of cats to sew!



After a year of avoiding these things, I can't tell you how good it feels to have them all done! No more cats -- at least no more cats from this pattern. Unless the missing six turn up and I'm not going to worry about that because I doubt it'll ever happen.

I do still need to add some sashing (narrow because this quilt is going to be huge) and get the top assembled, but that can wait for another day.

Now I'm starting to pull fabrics and cut half square triangles for Leftovers again and North Pacific. Between the two quilts I'm going to need thousands of them, but I can do it if I only think about a hundred or so at a time. Seventeen yards of fabric to cut up, not counting the extra strips I'm cutting for the 1 1/2" bin.

What makes it hardest is that I'm cutting into my "best" fabrics, the ones I really love and have been saving for special projects. These are the projects, but I've still got mixed feelings about using up the fabric.

Someone please remind me that seventeen yards is barely going to dent an overflowing 45 quart plastic bin!

2 comments:

Tamera said...

Here's your reminder...17 yards will barely make a dent in your stash, he he he.

I know it's hard to cut those pretty fabrics up, but they'll be SOOOOO pretty in your quilts.

A-Squared said...

I really like this pattern. My SIL would love it and I think I'd get a kick out of making it. Where did you get it?

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails