Friday, February 26, 2010

Spring Sewing Party

This looks like fun. And since I'd planned to spend the weekend at my sewing machine, it's a perfect fit for my schedule. Yippee!



12:20 update -- So far, I've finished machine stitching the border onto the little green quilt and the boys have helped me wind a bunch of bobbins.

5:30 update -- I tried to think of a spectacular new project to start this afternoon, but I got sucked in by the box of 2 1/2" squares and wound up piecing the blocks for a new little quilt instead. I'll get the blocks assembled a bit later, when the kiddos are in bed and I can concentrate on the layout.



I also got the binding cut and machine stitched onto the little floral chain quilt I finished yesterday, and one side hand stitched down. I'm hoping to get the rest of that done tonight, too. And maybe a set of five courthouse steps blocks... I'm all set for a late night quilting binge!

13 comments:

Kelly@ Charming Chatter said...

I'm so glad you'll be joining us for the party fun - can't wait to sew with ya!

Luv 2 Kreate said...

see you tomorrow...it is going to be fun

joan said...

Hope you are enjoying the party and that your sewing is going well.
Happy sewing!

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you are accomplishing allot.

Kelly@ Charming Chatter said...

Oh I love your quilt - and the fabric is SO CUTE!!

Sandie @ crazy'boutquilts said...

Looks like you got quite a lot done today too! Glad you could party! ;-)

Ulla said...

I love your blocks giving you opportunities to create a wonderful quilt.The contrast between white and the coloured fabric.
Ulla

Stina Blomgren said...

What a fun day we had yesterday... :o)
Love you quilt..:o)

Moneik said...

Great 9 patches and snowballs. I'm doing a quilt along using both of these blocks and they are so addicting.

~Marica~ said...

Wonderful day and you had done a great work :) Looking forward to see your quilt ready :)

Good luck!

Quilter Going Bananas said...

I think you got a lot accomplished at the party! I had a chuckle that your boys helped you wind bobbins!!!

Jocelyn said...

Great job! It was such a fun party.

Kim said...

Great job with the quilt. The party was fun!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails