Tuesday, April 27, 2010

When I begged for help late Sunday night, I expected to get a handful of opinions and go with whichever of my mediocre setting plans seemed most popular. I'm absolutely overwhelmed by how many responses I got on Stashbusters and as blog comments and by email!

There were suggestions to go with the blue or the yellow (mostly the yellow), a better silhouette for the applique cat (which I'm definitely going to use on a future quilt!), ideas about adding a piano key border or to use the littler string blocks as squares in a disappearing nine patch....all of them ideas that I never in a million years would have thought of on my own.

Angie suggested using the blue and yellow to make hourglass blocks. That seemed like a good way to get myself out of this mess, even though I'd never tried an hourglass block before, so I tried it this afternoon.

Did everyone but me know the hourglass blocks would make a star?!

6 comments:

Quiltsmiles said...

That works beautifully, looks great. Jane

June D said...

Wow! Wonderful solution!

Granny said...

Love the way it's turning out! Many of us seem to be working on blue and yellow these days! :)

Angie said...

Yes, I like it much better like that. Hour Glass blocks are great fillers... bet you use them again some day!
Angie

Helen in the UK said...

Love the solution you chose. Like the sound of the Disappearing 9Patch too. Isn't it wonderful when quilters share ideas and inspirations :)

Susan R. said...

The hourglass blocks look great and I love the star effect! That was a great suggestion. Isn't it great how many people can come up with different ideas about the same blocks and are all so willing to share their ideas.
Susan R.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails