Sunday, January 30, 2011

#8

I've been waiting anxiously to see what the UFO number for February was going to be, crossing my fingers that it was anything but #1 (Chickens at the Crossroads, which I can't find) or #2 (Spools, which would be impossible to finish in a month.) It was a huge relief when I saw that Patchwork Penguin had picked the number for the month and it was #8.

Then I checked my list and realized that my goal for this month is now to finish North Pacific. It's not a good month for this one....or maybe it is. Maybe I can channel my stress into a whole lot of Ocean Waves blocks and that intricately pieced border full of whales and sailing ships.



I've already given my Go! a workout this morning, cutting hundred of the 2 1/2" triangles I need for my blocks. Not that I couldn't cut them all with the ruler and rotary cutter, but it's so much easier not worrying about that 7/8" and cutting all of the squares in half.


Weekly Stash Report

Fabric Used this Week: 6 1/2 yards
Fabric Used year to Date: 6 1/2 yards
Added this Week: 30 yards
Added Year to Date: 176 yards
Net Used for 2011: - 169.5 yards

Yarn Used this Week: 200 yards
Yarn Used year to Date: 1350 yards
Yarn Added this Week: 450 yards
Yarn Added Year to Date: 3050 yards
Net Used for 2011: -1700 yards

Yes, I bought more fabric. The thrift stores have more scrap bags in January, probably a result of quilters who made New Year's resolutions and decided to declutter. I'm still picking up the good stuff when I find it, knowing that there won't be as much later in the year. My goal is to organize my stash, not to get rid of it!

2 comments:

Mary said...

Thrift stores here have some good stuff, but there are ladies who make big square quilts to sell at our St Vincent's so the fabric doesn't last long, you have to knwo when to go in for the good stuff.

Kate said...

We all have different goals with our stash. Hope that you are finding great additions for your stash.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails