Sunday, July 24, 2011

weekly stash report

Some fabric used this week -- for the backing and binding of the drunkard's path baby quilt and the finished top of the drunkard's path throw.

A little bit of fabric bought this week -- the cheddar for the bow tie challenge and a half yard of binding to finish my scrappy tree UFO. And I was given a bunch of scraps by Grandma and Mom.

I was good yesterday and didn't go back into the thrift store to look at the big scrap bag that Grandma saw and forgot to tell me about. Now I'm not sure if I should've been that good, because sometimes what Grandma says isn't worth it is a complete treasure.... but at least I get to claim that I was good.

The bees needed wax frames for their honey super, because they won't go near the plastic frames that we gave them two weeks ago. And if they don't have frames that they'll use, they could all just swarm and fly away. Or something like that.

And I'll totally drive 200 miles round trip to pick up wax frames if it puts me conveniently close to Red White and Blue and Finders Keepers, the absolute best thrift stores of my childhood!

Fabric Used this Week: 4 3/4 yards
Fabric Used year to Date: 40 3/4 yards
Added this Week: 15 yards
Added Year to Date: 707 yards
Net Added for 2011: 666 1/4 yards

Yarn Used this Week: 0 yards
Yarn Used year to Date: 6240 yards
Yarn Added this Week: 0 yards
Yarn Added Year to Date: 13375 yards
Net Added for 2011: 7135 yards

1 comment:

Donna said...

I must have missed that post where you added all the stash. WOW!

I like thrift shops too. Where else can you get brand new designer jeans for $6?

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails