Monday, August 29, 2011

Design Wall Monday

What if I took the drab fabrics that always seem so ugly and put a bunch of them in a quilt of their own?

It seems to be working --



I've got some other fabrics that I'd love to put in this quilt, but they're playing hide and seek. At the moment, they're winning. But I'm not going to put this project on hold until I find them -- if all else fails, I'll make more than one drab quilt!

To see the rest of the Design Wall Monday posts, click over to Patchwork Times.

Patchwork Times

3 comments:

Superior Threads said...

What a great idea. Most of us have those "odd" colors lurking in the corner.
Ricci

Quilter Kathy said...

What helps me in this situation is to buy 1 fat quarter that I love and put some pieces in the drab quilt and all of a sudden, I like it more!

Gari in AL said...

Great idea. I have a theory that if I bought it I must have liked it so if I put it in a quilt it will look good. That's my story and I'm sticking with it. ;)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails