Saturday, December 17, 2011

a whole bolt of batting

For a long time, I've wanted to buy a roll of batting. Specifically, I've wanted to buy a bolt of Warm & Natural cotton batting, my favorite stuff.

I'd been given a bolt of thick polyester batting by a quilter who didn't want to use it and, once I figured out that I could separate it into two thinner layers, I used every last bit of it in the baby quilts.

When you're making little baby quilts, a bolt of batting lasts a long time! I got so used to having batting there in the closet that it was almost a bit of a shock once it was finally all used up. I buy packaged batting when it's on sale, but I go through it as fast as I get it home.

Think the bolt of Warm & Natural that came in the mail a couple of weeks ago will last me a while?

Wrestling it out of the van, though the house, and into the closet just about did me in. That big box of cotton is heavy. Not to mention awkward. I was dreading pulling it back out of the closet tonight to cut off enough for the quilt I've been working on this week.

Out of the box, it's a lot easier to handle. And once I'd cut off enough for the new quilt and my Bento Box, it went back into the box again. I was a bit worried that it wouldn't.

I've got fabric, I've got thread, I've got batting (hooray for Black Friday sales and ordering online)....I'm a happy quilter!

4 comments:

Mommarock said...

Dern.. I was hoping to see a whole roll of batting.. but .. no picture. :(

Sarah Craig said...

I know what you mean about having a whole roll - I started ordering it that way recently, and I can't imagine going back to packages ever again! I had to do the Hobbs Heirloom 80/20 because it was about half the cost of the W&N, but I still love it!!

Jo said...

I can't wait to see what you are working on...Are you liking it?

Teresa said...

Ah, yes. The whole bolt syndrome. I know it well. Once you've had the convenience of a whole bolt of batting at your fingertips, you'll never go back to packages!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails