Tuesday, March 13, 2012

momentum is a wonderful thing

Sunday, I was going to piece ten blocks on my NewFo and then move on to something else. I go the blocks done, and got started on the baby quilt I had planned...and before I knew it, the baby quilt was done and I was back to the NewFo blocks.

I wanted to try the spiral baby quilt with rounded corners, but I had a bit of trouble keeping track of the rows on the first one and wasn't quite ready to throw half square triangles into the mix.

So I tried it with rings:



A piece of purple checked fabric has been sitting on the table next to my recliner and whispering that it wanted to be Sunbonnet Sue's bonnet. Its friend, a flowered puple print, wanted to be her dress...and I had some 3" squares left over from the first two baby quilts I made this year...

So Monday afternoon I got out my Go! and the Sunbonnet Sue die I just bought from Jo, and that fabric became a hat and dress...



I kept changing plans as I went along. It's a miracle that everything fit together. Then she needed backing and I had some narrow lengths of the fabric I used for the dress, and some 3" squares left, so she got a pieced backing...



And while the cutter was out, I decided to try out the Hearts die...



And then I pieced another block for the scrappy Irish Chain. I've got a couple of different ideas where it might wind up once it's done. Maybe this one isn't supposed to be mine.

5 comments:

Searchfamilies said...

Some very nice ones you do some lovely work
Hugs Janice

heather said...

All in one day? Amazing.

Jo said...

You were a busy girl...all this and your other project too...WOW!!

Connie Kresin Campbell said...

Great projects and it looks like you are having fun with the Go Baby! Thanks for sharing!
Linky Party Tuesday

Denise :) said...

Holy cow, girl -- you are so talented! I love especially the rings -- terrific!!! :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails