Monday, April 09, 2012

Design Wall Monday -- a tiny peek



I can't show this one off until it's done, which is kind of a shame because I'd love to tell you all about it. I'm using Jelly Roll strips that I cut in half lengthwise, which is a whole new experience. They're very narrow, and they've got that pinked edge...but it's all working out just fine.

There's a lot of not-quilting stuff going on around here. We had to switch the layers of the bee hive yesterday, moving the bottom box to the top to keep them from swarming. Or something like that -- I'm not the bee expert. (The bugs are still kind of cranky, so I didn't get too close.)

"Bee Day" -- when we go pick up three new packages of bees -- is on Friday. Cross your fingers for nice weather!

To check out more design walls, visit Judy at Patchwork Times.

4 comments:

Denise :) said...

Wow -- cutting jelly roll strips in half is very ... industrious! LOL! Can't wait to see what you're working on!!! :)

marcella said...

How cool you have bees! That is on my bucket list for someday along with chickens. I cannot even imagine trying to cut jelly roll strips in half. Can't wait to hear some details and see more of that lovely quilt one of these Mondays.

KaHolly said...

I see you enjoy challenges! Good luck with both projects!

Jo said...

WOW...It's looking fabulous. Can't wait to see it all!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails