Monday, August 20, 2012

almost as busy as the bees



The two big kids are spending the week with my parents -- Mom and our daughter at the coast, Dad and our oldest son at their place in the mountains. I'm sure both of them are being spoiled completely rotten.

I'm enjoying the relative quiet of a house with two kids in it instead of four and my design wall is overflowing with newly started projects.

Behind everything else is an orange and black Halloween quilt that Mom kitted up for me years ago. She got together with a friend and made her own, then they packaged up pre-cut squares and the pattern and passed them along to me. It's one of the things that turned up when I was digging out the sewing room, and I'm determined to make the thing before I can lose it again!

The green yarn is a Halloween NICU hat, an idea that I came up with late at night and really hope I can pull off. If it works, there'll be a pattern coming soon.

Those strips of brown with the lock? Quinn asked me to sew a bag for his stuff and I wanted to do something a little more challenging than a couple of squares and a draw string...

And the crayons...that's the beginning of what I hope will be tomorrow's post.

To see more design walls, head over to Patchwork Times.

1 comment:

Needled Mom said...

I can see that you are enjoying your time!!!! Yeah.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails