Wednesday, October 24, 2012

I'm still knitting away on the witch's hat. I might try to get it done before Halloween. Or not. 



This week, I've been reading 3 Below by Patrick Carman.  It's the sequel to Floors, which we listened to on out last vacation. I think I liked the first book better, but that could be because I had to actually read this one myself in stolen bits of time instead of listening to it in the car as we spent hours driving through the desert.

I also read Dr. Merlin's Magic Shop to the boys. It's a cute little story about Nick, who likes walking on foggy days. He stumbles upon a magic shop and narrowly escapes having Burt scrambled with a black poodle. It's one of the few books from my childhood that all four of my kids have enjoyed.

That Dean Koontz book I was reading last week is back at the library. I decided it wasn't worth slogging through, not when there are so many more interesting things I want to read. Like the Cherry Ames book I found at the Friends of the Library book store this afternoon.

Anyone got a good haunted house book (hotel, apartment building, castle, whatever)  recommendation? It's been too long since I found a good one.


Be sure to check out On the Needles over at Patchwork Times!

3 comments:

Denise :) said...

Haha -- I purchased my witch's hat a couple of years ago -- it's in houndstooth and I adore it! I hope you finish it!! I agree with your call on the book ... time's too precious and there are too many GREAT reads out there to waste time on one that's not totally captivating (or at least shows promise of redeeming itself)! :)

Judy S. said...

Cherry Ames? Now that brings back memories~loved 'em and Sue Barton also. Hope you'll model your hat when it's done!

Maggie said...

Nice hat! You are brave to knit with black.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails