Saturday, February 02, 2013

where is it this time?

 I hear that there are lots of quilters who always know where to find every last ruler and seam ripper.
 
I'm not one of them. Which explains why I can't find the Easy Angle ruler that I need to cut the half square triangles for this week's baby quilt. It's not where it should be, or in any of the other places where it usually comes to rest.
 
Yesterday, I solved the problem by cutting and piecing all of the squares. Today, I'm going to need a real solution. I'm working from 2 1/2" strips, so I can't use my AccuQuilt die.  If I can't find the Easy Angle, I'm going to wind up doing stitch and flip triangles. Not my favorite method. But it'll get the quilt done.
 
Did you see what's  on the cover of the new American Patchwork and Quilting? I'm not sure if I want to admit to buying a magazine because it had a pretty picture of a quilt I already know how to make. But there are some things in here I like, and some neat ideas for quilting the postage stamp quilts.
 
 
And have you watched Paperman? Teenage Daughter found it yesterday on Pinterest and wanted me to watch it. It's the neatest little animated love story, a new animated short from Disney. (On their own You Tube channel, so don't worry that I'm sending you off to watch something illegal!)

1 comment:

Jo said...

I loved the quilting ideas too. Not that I'll be able to do it, but it's nice to dream.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails