Wednesday, March 27, 2013

{yarn along} Murder Buys a T-shirt

I halfway expected this --


The last time I made socks with yarn from this line, the yarn flashed and pooled and made perfectly garish stripes within the pools...which seemed to make it the perfect choice for Judy's Pooling Sock Yarn Challenge. This time?  I've got perfectly mottled colors, just like the picture in the yarn catalog that made my buy the yarn in the first place. Of course the yarn wouldn't pool when I wanted it to!

It's not the worst thing that could have happened. I've got a good start on a cute sock and I've used up some yarn that's been sitting in my stash for years. And I've got a decision to make. Do I finish this pair before doing anything else? Or do I finish the cuff and then cast on with another yarn that I think is likely to pool?

Because there is a deadline here.

 
My read for right now is Murder Buys a T-Shirt, first in the Haunted Souvenir Shop series. A hundred pages in, I'm really enjoying it. And I'm thinking of making a book cover so Teenage Daughter will stop giving me a hard time about the titles of the books I've been reading...

For more fun knitting projects to drool over, check out On the Needles at Patchwork Times and Work in Progress Wednesdays at Tami's Amis.


2 comments:

Barb said...

Michelle, you won my Tumbler and Tulips pattern, can you email me
fivesons4barb@hotmail.com, thanks!

Dar said...

Since there is a deadline, and I am the queen of UFOs, I say put that one on hold (after you finish the 1 sock) and start another yarn to see if you can get it to pool the way you want. But, who am I to say this --- I can't even knit 1 sock correctly.

The book title sounds very intriging.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails