Sunday, June 30, 2013

Mid-Year Totals

2013 is sure flying by, isn't it?  Our schedule has been different from usual and I'm still trying to find out a new rhythm.
 

I've finished sixteen baby quilts and created tutorials for seven of them. That's fewer than the 25 I'd hoped to have done by now, but more than the 13 I had done by this time last year.


I've knit a pair of fingerless gloves (with actual fingers and thumbs and lateral braids!), three pairs of socks, a gargoyle, and a large shawl which doesn't count here because it still needs to be bound off and blocked.

I finished Quinn's big green quilt, made a spooky little quilt for my wall, played with one of my die-cutters to embellish a biscornu pincushion, typed on fabric with an electric typewriter to get words on my daughter's Kindle sleeve, used more of my Nancy Drew fabric for a book bag and a camera strap cover...and a couple of other little things I can't show you yet.

Weekly Stash Report

Looks like I forgot to add the two skeins of sock yarn I bought last week -- two skeins of Lion Brand Sock-Ease that I found on the clearance rack for $2.99. I'd been wanting a skein of Lemon Drop since the stuff first came out and planned on buying it with a 40% off coupon now that I'm knitting socks again.

I added more new-to-me fabric to my stash -- two large paper shopping bags of nice cotton for twenty bucks. If the measurements on it are correct, it totals about 30ish yards.  A woman was selling her stash off for sixty cents a yard and gallon bags of scraps for a dime.  Most of it looks like older craft store cottons, but that's exactly what I love best.

Fabric Used this Week: 0 yards
Fabric Used year to Date: 44 3/4 yards
Added this Week: 30 yards
Added Year to Date: 228 1/4 yards
Net Added for 2013: 183 1/2 yards

Yarn Used this Week: 500 yards
Yarn Used year to Date: 2050 yards
Yarn Added this Week: 800 yards
Yarn Added Year to Date: 8700 yards
Net Added for 2013: 6650 yards

To see more weekly stash reports, click over to Patchwork Times.

2 comments:

Lori said...

Wow! You hit the motherload of stash stocking. Congrats!

kwiltnkats said...

There is lots of movement in, but at 60 cents and a dime for fabrics that you love...you can't go wrong. Now what will you do with them? Looking for a Design Wall post from you on all the projects you'll take on with your new acquisitions. You have been quite successful so far this year indeed. Sandi

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails