Friday, August 16, 2013

Let's Make Baby Quilts! {week 33}

Have I got inspiration for you this week! The nice folks at Martingale sent me a review copy of their new book, The Big Book of Baby Quilts. Eighty-seven patterns, all of them for baby quilts...
 

I can 't get over the variety of projects they've included here. There's applique and curved piecing and prairie points and rick rack and chenille...

I really want to try the chenille circles.


I love this little quilt with its applique grommets and laces. Wouldn't it be fun in bright primary colors?

 
 
 And the dancing shoes... They remind me of one of those old Arthur Murray Dance studio charts.
 

This one is just sweet --
 
And so is this one --
 

If I showed your pictures of everything in here that I want to make, I'd be showing you the whole book.  The quilts range in size from 30x30" to big crib-sized and all of the patterns have the clear, complete instructions that I've come to expect from That Patchwork Place.  I could see a charity quilter working her way through the whole book!

Note -- Martingale provided me with a review copy of the book and all pictures from the book are property of Martingale.

Let's Make Baby Quilts Linky Party Rules:

Link directly to your post or specific Flickr photo. Your post can be about a baby quilt that's finished, or in progress, or you can be writing about what you have planned, but it's got to be about baby quilts. While we're still gathering steam, you're welcome to link to baby quilt posts that aren't brand new, but please don't submit the same post or picture more than once. I'd love it if you linked back to my site, either with a text link or the Let's Make Baby Quilts! button.







3 comments:

Jo said...

Awesome book!! Lucky you. I can't wait to see all the fun quilts you make with it.

Paula said...

Wow, what a great book. Love the little shoes!

Dirt Road Quilter said...

I almost bought this last month. Looks like a great source. Seems like all I'm making is baby quilts lately.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails