Thursday, October 31, 2013

Baby

I wanted to use a baby doll in my Blogger's Quilt Festival post, but Teenage Daughter was never really into baby dolls. (Except for one creepy realistic one that wouldn't have given the effect I was going for. I love that doll and I will post about her and her story one of these days, but she's never going to be my first choice as a baby quilt prop.) None of my own baby dolls have survived, so we don't have any potential models at my house, but I did remember this one that was my mother's, so I went over to her place and begged her to dig Baby out. 

Isn't she precious?  


I even love her little cracked head. It shows that she has a history. Mom can't remember how or when it happened. Baby needs to be restrung (her right leg and arm were lying loose in the bottom of the box.) I'd swear that I remember mom having it done when I was a kid, but either that was a different doll or the elastic has failed again.

Does anyone know if this is something we can do ourselves?

This post is linked to Time Travel ThursdayTreasure Hunt ThursdayVintage Thingie Thursday, Share Your Cup, We Call it Olde, and Ivy and Elephants.Thriftasaurus, Thrift Share,

4 comments:

Laura said...

I've never restrung a doll before, but I think there are directions on the internet on how to restring an American Girl doll. It can't be too complicated!

Jessica Hadden said...

I have never tried, I remember Mother paying to have a Madame Alexander repaired. I would ask our friend, Google!

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry, I don't know anything about repairing baby dolls, but she is really lovely. The quilt is, too, I love the vivid colors! Thanks so much for sharing this at my We Call It Olde Link Up this week. Hope to see you again Tuesday. -Dawn @ We Call It Junkin.com

kate steeper said...

I currently hve a vintage dolly waiting to be restrung as well. I have tried but it didnt go well...lol

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails