Friday, January 03, 2014

a last finish from before Christmas

I finished these socks just before Christmas and then managed to totally forget about them.


The yarn is Opal something-or-other (the label was long gone by the time I finally cast these on) and I'm pretty sure it came from the Woodland Woolworks discount room...

This is self-striping sock yarn at its best. Lots of color changes...neat little patterns...and do you see how those stripes match?

Would you believe that's a complete accident? I usually try to start at different points in the colorway to make it obvious that the socks are deliberately mismatched. But this time I forgot and those stripes couldn't have been more perfect if I'd tried.

This post is linked to I Gotta Try ThatSew Much AdoFinish it Up FridayCan I get a Whoop Whoop?Get Crafting FridayPinworthy Projects, and Freedom FridaysWonderful at Home, and Inspired Friday.

6 comments:

Kat said...

Oh those look so lovely and warm! I wish I could knit, just so I could make socks.

The Slow Quilter said...

One of my dreams is to learn how to knit socks. The look so warm.

Anonymous said...

Love the socks!

Michele said...

Very nice socks. Great color combo.

Kelli said...

Very nice! I want to try knitting socks but I've got a sweater project on my needles (for over a year darnnit) that I'm determined to finish first. Why did I think my first sweater knitting should be a lace pattern? Love your socks and the striping is spot-on!

Denise :) said...

Happy accident ... love it when it happens that way! Cute socks! :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails