Thursday, April 17, 2014

Green Envy

My Green Envy socks, which I started at the beginning of the year, are done!


I've had more comments and questions about this yarn than any yarn I've ever worked with. The colors are gorgeous. It's been wonderful to knit with. And it's box store sock yarn, Heart & Sole (from the same folks who bring us Red Heart Super Saver!)  When I first fell in love with sock knitting, it seemed like all of the really pretty colors were expensive hand-dyes. Knitpicks has always had drool-worthy colors, but I love that I bought a skein of this yarn along with my groceries!

As soon as I had the last stitch bound off, I cast on a new pair with a different colorway of the same yarn.

I'm linking this post to Finish it Up FridayCan I get a Whoop Whoop?Get Crafting FridayPinworthy Projects, Freedom FridaysInspired Friday. and Friday Favs.

6 comments:

Dar said...

Michelle, Congrats on finishing your lovely socks. I also appreciated your link to the yarn you used. I see a self striping pair in my future.

Kymberly said...

What a great pair of socks. I've been hesitant to try this yarn because of bad memories of the itchy scraves and hats my grandma made in the 80s using Red Heart. You've convinced me to give this yarn a try. Thanks!

Linda Wulf Koenig said...

They're beautiful! I've been thinking of tackling socks, something new to me, so running across this post is probably not a coincidence. Thank you for the inspiration!

Teresa in Music City said...

They sure look soft and yummy to wear :) Really do love those colors. Congrats on the great finish!!!

InkkReviews said...

woah you made that! i am so impressed. what an amazing skill!!! ~ Katie

Scooquilt said...

Your socks are great! A wonderful finish. Might even inspire me to work on the socks I've had on the needles for...a while! The yarn is very cool.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails