Sunday, May 04, 2014

Stash Report & Dollhouse Update

When I posted about my first dollhouse on Thursday, I mentioned that I was hoping to find the original pattern for the furniture so I could recreate it.

Look what showed up in my inbox --

Guess what those furniture patterns are in your grandmothers head.  If you want to duplicate them we may be able to do that.  You can do a lot with 1x2`s and 2x4`s .  That little girl on the floor in red is so cute.  Wonder who she is??????????????
Love You
Grandma

Between the two of us, I'm hoping we can remember most of the little details. There are just a few glimpses of the furniture to be had in that old photograph.

Hubby overheard me talking to Grandma.  Apparently, he never knew that I had two doll houses. Over the past eight years that we've lived here, I've talked about the one in the attic and the one in the sewing room, but he assumed they were one and the same.  I'm not apologizing for either of them. If he hasn't noticed that they were there, they're not creating a problem!

I managed to completely forget to announce the winner of A Roux of Revenge. It's TerryH, who wrote:

Turkey(or chicken)corn chowder recipe I got from my PT lady. It is wonderful. A good mystery is
always welcome. Thanks for the chance.


Weekly Stash Report 

Nothing in and more than a little bit out. I'd call that a good week, but these days I wouldn't have time to buy fabric and yarn if I wanted to.  Luckily I'm at the point where you've gone so long without buying any new fabric that it's become a habit.

Fabric Used this Week: 2 1/4 yards
Fabric Used year to Date: 4 3/4 yards
Added this Week: 0 yards
Added Year to Date: 40 1/2 yards
Net Added for 2013: 35 3/4  yards

Yarn Used this Week: 500 yards
Yarn Used year to Date: 1175 yards
Yarn Added this Week: 0 yards
Yarn Added Year to Date: 1500 yards
Net Added for 2014: 325 yards

I'm linking up to Patchwork Times.

1 comment:

DeeDee said...

How fun to be able to recreate your doll house furniture with your grandma! Your doll house will be filled with wonderful memories - from when you first received/played with it and today working on it with your grandma. Lucky you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails