Monday, August 04, 2014

Embroidery

My first French knot came out just the way I wanted to. The second didn't. And then I decided that whatever this sprig of greenery that the lobster is holding would look leafier with little bitty cross stitches.


I found the chef and lobster pattern at doe-c doe. She's got a lot of vintage designs, but you have to search a bit to find them. 



 And then there's this --


I've never in my life scorched fabric like this.  In case anyone's wondering, this was with my old Walmart iron, not one of the estate sale finds. I was trying to get the lines dark enough to see. At least muslin is cheap and I didn't ruin the transfer.

This post is linked to Design Wall Monday at Patchwork Times.

3 comments:

Judy@Quilt Paradigm said...

Your embroidery is so adorable! I find that the first time I do something, it works great. . . try it again and not so much - what's with that??? LOL I think your solution looks great!! Judy

mckie2 said...

I imagine the lobster is holding a sprig of parsley. Remember back in the old days when your meal always came with a sprig of parsley tucked in somewhere? You don't see that so much anymore. Just as well - it usually got thrown away. I really like your lobster. Nice!

Marcy said...

I'm think hydrogen peroxide takes out the scorch marks. It's worth a try.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails