Wednesday, January 07, 2015

{Yarn Along} More Stockinette

I still haven't found a chunk of quiet time to pick out a sock pattern an figure out the chart so that I can cast on. This is the time for more mindless sock knitting, because that's easy to squeeze in if you keep your project close.


See that half finished sock on top? Everything from the second light stripe to the needles was knit on Monday -- during Quinn's speech therapy appointment, while waiting for take out Chinese food, while watching The Incredible Doctor Pol on Netflix with Hubby. Stockinette adds up fast. A few more days, and I'll be able to cast on with some prettier yarn. I'm looking forward to that!

My latest read is Bad Mother: A Chronicle of Maternal Crimes, Minor Calamities, and Occasional Moments of Grace by Ayelet Waldman. She's the author of the Mommy-Track mysteries that I enjoyed so much a while back. I hadn't realized that she had written other books and grabbed this one from the library as soon as I found out about it. It's not your usual book of Mommy essays, filled with the expected chapters about dirty diapers and sleepless nights.

For more pretty knitting projects to drool over, check out On the Needles at Patchwork Times.



 

4 comments:

Maggie said...

I love the socks you are knitting. I really enjoy self striping yarns.

straythreads said...

great socks!

Susan said...

Amazing how those moments of waiting can add up to a sock......

Judy S. said...

That's a fun stripe. I like the black accent! Interesting sounding book; I'm reading The Count of Monte Cristo; it is LONG!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails