Monday, April 13, 2015

Lozenges

With everything else going on, this project had completely slipped my mind. It looks like it's been November since I last pulled it out and did some sewing.  Yesterday, I pulled out the box of cut pieces and added another thirty-two units to my collection. 


I think what hangs me up on this project is the pressing. Halfway through each unit, I have to step away from the sewing machine to press and trim away the excess bits. I'm not a huge fan of stitch and flip triangles and this quilt is nothing but those.

But I've got confidence that it's going to be gorgeous (or at least pretty) when I'm done.

This post is linked to Design Wall Monday at Patchwork Times and Main Crush Monday.

6 comments:

Carol Swift said...

So many pieces that will definitely be beautiful when you put them all together!

Karen in Breezy Point said...

I agree--they are a bit tedious. I used charms that I cut in half. The plan is to do one half of each charm with dark corners and the other with light. I finished all the dark corners at a retreat in January, but can't seem to get motivated to start my pile of light cornered lozenges.

Jo said...

Looking GOOD!!

beth s said...

It will be beautiful. Keep pressing on!! Thanks for linking up to Monday Making!

Anonymous said...

I came over from your Oh Scrap! link. I love the look of these. Nice to see those scrappy pieces disappear into blocks!

Beth @ Cooking Up Quilts said...

I like to keep my ironing board set up away from my sewing machine so I'm forced to get up when I need to press. But when I'm working on something that needs constant pressing I have a smaller table I set right beside my machine so I can sew, press, cut, sew, press, cut. Saves me a bit of time. Your blocks look so pretty!
Thanks for linking up to Main Crush Monday!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails