Saturday, June 27, 2015

Mystic Shawls by Anna Dalvi

Have you ever done a mystery knit along for a lace shawl? I have, twice, and it's a lot of fun. I actually managed to finish a couple not far behind the rest of the group.  Then there was Mystic Waters. I bought the pattern, made it through the first couple of clues, and completely lost my place. Things like that happen when you're knitting and raising small children at the same time. Espeecially if you don't keep really good notes for yourself.

I still want to knit that shawl, someday.



Mystic Shawls contains the patterns for fourteen of Anna Dalvi's mystery shawl KALs -- including Mystic Waters. I could see myself knitting most of the patterns in this book. (No, I don't know when I'd have time to do that much focused lace knitting, but that isn't the point. The point is that now that I've bought the book, I can do it when I want to.)


I love the patterns. The book itself is mostly charts -- pages and pages and pages of them -- and the pictures aren't on the glossy paper I'm used to in my knitting books. (I want to make the shawls. The whole eye-candy thing is extra.) All of the shawls are shown being worn and lying flat, which is nice.


There are all sorts of shapes here and some of the shawls come in multiple sizes.


If, like me, you can't collect enough lace shawl patterns, you'll want to get your hands on a copy of Mystic Shawls.

Pesky Discslosure -- I bought this one myself, from the Knitpicks 40% off book sale.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails