Wednesday, September 23, 2015

{Bed Turning} Prairie Sunrise

This quilt was made by my Great-Grandma Walters. It's tied, so go ahead and call it a comforter if you're a purist, but it's a quilt to me. 


I don't know what that block is. The closest thing I can find in the Encyclopedia of Pieced Quilt Patterns is Prairie Sunrise, but the color placement and pieces are quite a bit different and that one isn't set on point. These are.

If anyone does know what block this is, please let me know because now I'm curious.


Be sure to stop back tomorrow afternoon for the next quilt.


This post is linked to The Chicken Chick, Pieced Pastimes

2 comments:

Terri in BC said...

Love old quilts and this is a pretty block! Unfortunately, my family was more dressmakers than quilters, so I don't have any.

Jo said...

WOW. I love this block!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails