Sunday, December 27, 2015

Quilty Goodies for Christmas


As soon as I get my sewing machine back, I'm doing something with this jelly roll. It's Sturbridge from Moda and it's absolutely gorgeous. I must have been even more tired on Christmas Eve than I realized, because I would have sworn the dark fabrics were green. I don't know if I'm going to look for an existing pattern or design something of my own.

Weekly Stash Report

This will be my last stash report of the year, so I'm adding the yardage for the pair of socks I just finished and the ones that will be done by the 31st. (If they fall apart the way the Bayou socks did,  I can always come back and edit the post.)

Fabric used this week: 0 yards
Fabric used year to date: 6 1/4 yards
Added this week:  4 yards
Added year  to date: 454 3/4 yards
Net added for 2015: 448 1/2 yards

Yup, my total fabric used for the year is six yards. I don't want to talk bout it. Or think about it. There's maybe another ten yards used in tops that I didn't get quilted, but yikes! Even last year, I managed to use up fifty yards.

Yarn Used this Week: 800  yards
Yarn Used year to Date: 9900 yards
Yarn Added this Week: 0 yards
Yarn Added Year to Date: 15263 yards
Net Added for 2015: 5363 yards

The yarn numbers make me happy. I'm ending the year with more yarn than I started, but it's the exact same amount of yarn that I purchased at the Knitpicks sale last month. I'm starting the year with pretty supplies, which should help curb the yarn buying urge for a while.

This post is linked to Patchwork Times.


2 comments:

Lcrrkhs said...

Some years are like this one. Mine looks like yours, No quilting - tons of knitting. It's all good as long as we remain creative!

Dar said...

There's always next year to use up all that fabric that you added this year. Just think of all the money you will say by not having to buy any fabric in 2016. If you are like me, you will use that money to buy more yarn though! It all balances out in the end. Happy New Year to you and your family.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails