Saturday, January 30, 2016

Ready Yet?

Isn't this lady elegant and poised? I can almost smell her perfumed powder.


I'm not sure about her face and hair, but that dress! I can't get past those wonderful pleats and the way they drape. She's straight out of an old Fred Astaire musical, or maybe one of those original Barbie catalogs.

I found the pattern for this one online somewhere and I'd love to see what makes up the rest of the set. Anyone know? (I thought for a moment that it was this gal. The hair style is right, but the lettering and background are definitely from a different set.)  

6 comments:

CathieJ said...

I agree with the Fred Astaire comment. She is beautiful and I can smell my mom's perfumed powder when looking at her. Now I am going to sneeze.... So pretty.

Karen said...

Nicely done. A very vintage look.

Anonymous said...

Beautifully done! I remember when moms used powder puffs. Definitely Fred Astaire partner material. I hope you find the rest of the set.

Guida said...

Very pretty, well done. Guida

Deb said...

The set is from 1939 by Laura Wheeler Designs His and Her Towels Pattern 2388

Deb said...

Oops by the way I love the colors you chose for the piece.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails