Wednesday, May 18, 2016

{I've Been Reading & Knitting} My Best Friend's Exorcism


Somehow, this is much more satisfying than all of those endless afghan squares -- maybe because it actually looks like something while I'm working on it. Or because I've been wanting to play with this yarn for a long time. Maybe it's just the yummy, rich colors. 

Whatever the reason, I'm enjoying myself.  



My Best Friend's Exorcism is by Grady Hendrix, the same author who wrote Horrorstor, about  a haunted Ikea wanna-be.  This time, the story is about a possessed high school student and it's set during the Satanic Panic of the 1980s.  The story started out slowly, but by the end I was really scared for the characters -- that awful feeling where you don't want to keep reading because something bad might happen and you don't want to put down the book because you've got to know what happens. If you like scary exorcism stories, I definitely recommend this one.



With three prospective buyers anxious to see it, Sam Turner is hoping to sell the property at 13 Aster Lane quickly.  The Victorian is in awful shape, but one potential buyer wants to develop the property and another represents a group of paranormal investigators. Maybe the condition of the house isn't as much of a problem as it might seem.  In Death at a Fixer-Upper, Sarah T. Hobart creates an intriguing mystery in a vivid setting. Some of the relationships had me wondering if this was the first book in the series. As far as I can tell, it is.

Disclosure -- I was provided with an advance review copies by the publishers. All opinions are my own. This post is linked to Patchwork Times, Yarn Along, iknead2knit 

2 comments:

Judy S. said...

Fun socks! Make me think of chocolate. When I read scary stories, I just can't keep from checking out the end to see if it turns out OK. My kids always threaten to remove the last chapter. LOL

Gari in AL said...

Love the sock. I immediately started thinking of what sweater I would wear with them. Lovely yarn.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails