Wednesday, December 28, 2016

Too Good to Cast on With?


This yarn (Elann Esprit) has been sitting in my stash for years. I originally bought it for a completely different non-sock pattern that's never going to happen, and I've been happily knitting away with the best of my sock yarn for quite a while now, so it wound up on the needles.

Don't you just love it when yarn is just as pretty in the knit project as it is in the skein? That's such a rare treat!

I'm making slow progress because the yarn is a cotton/elastic blend and I have to watch the tension more than I would with a regular sock yarn, but the results are definitely worth it.




The Twilight Wife by A. J. Banner
A woman who survived a diving accident is taken back to her island home by the husband she doesn't remember... The plot sounded good, but I was well into the book before I started to feel much for Kyra but annoyance. Obviously there's something going on that she doesn't know about, because otherwise it wouldn't be the plot of a book, but she jumps to sinister conclusions about some of the smallest things. (Or maybe I don't have a particularly suspicious mind and wouldn't see the signs that something was wrong in my life?)  Once the plot did finally start to gain momentum I was anxious to find out what was really going on and how Kyra would deal with it, and I didn't see that ending coming.

Disclosure -- I was provided with an advance review copy by the publisher. All opinions are my own. This post is linked to Patchwork Times Frontier Dreams Stitch Along Wednesday and Yarn Along 

2 comments:

Dar said...

That is gorgeous yarn. Does the name of it have the word "plaid" in it? Love all the colors. It will make for some great socks.

maggie fellow said...

beautiful yarn

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails