Sunday, December 04, 2016

Weekly Stash Report


I've been drooling over this cross-stitch ornament kit for years!  Back when I ate breathed and slept cross-stitch (that was before I learned to knit or quilt and my creative time was split in quite so many different directions)  my favorite projects were the large ornate houses and landscapes with every last bit of fabric covered in stitches. These are exactly that, except smaller and -- maybe -- more manageable.

The kit is finally in my sewing room, but I doubt that I'll get even one of the ornaments done in time to hang on this year's tree. There are too many other projects calling out for my attention. I seem to be falling in love with every free Christmas pattern out there. The same way I fall in love with every Halloween pattern starting October 15th or so.

Do you start seasons projects just before the holiday and work on them a month later? Start them and abandon them after the special day? Work on them a few months ahead of time like a reasonable person who isn't me probably would?

Weekly Stash Report

Fabric used this week: 0 yards
Fabric used year to date: 7 1/4 yards
Fabric added this week:  0 yards
Fabric added year  to date: 30 1/4 yards (+4 sheets)
Net added for 2016: 23 yards

Yarn used this Week:  0  yards
Yarn used year to Date: 7150 yards
Yarn added this Week: 0 yards
Yarn added Year to Date: 9518 yards
Net added for 2016: 2368 yards

This post is linked to Patchwork Times.

2 comments:

Amanda Best said...

My intentions are to start way early, but I usually start my Christmas projects in October, which doesn't leave me enough time to get them done. I did finish 4 jelly roll race Christmas quilts this year!
Love those little ornaments! I am hoping to learn counted cross stitch next year. I have a gorgeous Disney/Thomas Kincade Sleeping Beauty kit I want to do, but I am going to try some smaller things first.

Dar said...

Those Christmas ornament kits look pretty. Can't wait to see how they work up.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails