Wednesday, May 17, 2017

Cath Socks

Look at the texture!

Toe Up Cath Socks in Paton's Kroy
Pattern: Cath Socks
Yarn: Patrons Kroy 

As soon as I saw a pair of these on a knitting group, I fell in love with the texture. It's all knits and purls, and a little more complicated than standard basket weave. The horizontal lines curve. I made mine toe up instead of cuff down, so my curve isn't as pretty as everyone else's, but it's still there. If I'd thought things through in advance, I could've flipped the chart. 

My favorite thing to see in patterns when it comes to heels and toes is "as you prefer." I'm going to do it my own way no matter what, but it does feel nice to have the designer's blessing! 

This post is linked to Crazy Mom Quilts , Wrap up Friday iknead2knit, and  Frontier Dreams  

1 comment:

Carie @ Space for the Butterflies said...

They are gorgeous! They look like the perfect thing for snuggling up on a rainy afternoon with a good book!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails